Rental Property Insurance
Rental property insurance helps mitigate risks that can occur over time, including damage to your property and liability.
Being a landlord comes with well-known risks. From maintaining the property to managing tenants, landlords are exposed to potential lawsuits on a daily basis.
We offer comprehensive rental property insurance through Premier Insurance. They have great coverage options and a fair price.
Landlord Liability Coverage
Landlord liability coverage kicks in to help pay medical expenses for injured tenants, or legal defense and court judgments made against you for other damages, up to the limits stated in your policy. Coverage may include:
- Tenant injuries due to a loose handrail or exposed sprinkler head causing a tenant to fall and become injured. If you’re found negligent in maintaining the property, or failed to warn the tenant of a potential safety risk, landlord liability can cover you.
- Proper security for your tenants in terms of lighting and parking safety.
- Unlawful behavior by tenants that you fail to take measures against could land you in trouble with the neighbors.
- Liability to cover you against claims of accidental damage in relation to your investment property.
- Fair Rental Value Coverage to cover lost income due to your property ever being declared unlivable due to a covered loss.
- Inflation Protection which automatically adjusts your policy limits to keep pace with inflation, including premium discounts.
- Personal Injury Protection should a tenant claim injuries arising out of libel, slander, invasion of privacy, wrongful eviction or wrongful entry.
- Lock replacement to cover the costs of replacing locks and keys.